5 Tips Caring for Elderly Parents By Working From Home
1. If possible, Set aside time and a distraction free place exclusively for work.
2. Create a daily work routine and try to stick to it, which may be difficult when dealing with a person affected with dementia.
3. Network as much as possible Online to still be connected, informed and attract others to your business opportunity.
4. Be sure to set aside time daily for personal growth and development. Care-giving can be very overwhelming; take time to replenish, restore and recreate your mindset.
5. Stay focused on building your business and securing your future. It’s not selfish to strive for your personal goals, so don’t let yourself be held back.
These 5 Tips For Caring for Elderly Parents Working From Home is just a start to consider, and most definitely is a great alternative for families dealing with this situation.
My Personal Story
Today I will share my personal story of how I am able to work from home care-giving for my mom that has dementia. Mom was diagnosed with dementia about 4 years ago, although the family began seeing signs and changes in her as far back as 2009. She gradually progressed as traumatic situations occurred. Since we lost my father in March 2016, the progression has accelerated very quickly. She is no longer able to be left living alone and removing her from the home she and my dad shared for 62 years of marriage is just not an option. So I work at home online and have been able to schedule at least 4 hours a day on a home business that generates residual income and helps me maintain my home and cover expenses. Between myself and my brother we rotate a few weeks on and a few weeks off and are committed to keeping mom at home where all the family memories are.
Facts Regarding the Ageing Elderly
Care-giving for loved ones has become quite the norm for many families all over the world. Working from Home is very possible and you can do it too! Many families are challenged with raising their children while care-giving their elderly parents.